September 16, 2017 | Monterey Bay Aquarium, Monterey, CA
Why Sponsor Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary’s 25th Anniversary Gala?
The ocean is everything to the coastal communities along the California coast. Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary was established in 1992 to provide resource protection, research, education and public use. For the past 25 years, the sanctuary has played an important part in protecting the Monterey Bay region’s vibrant ocean environment and economy. However, the sanctuary’s future is uncertain due to proposals to weaken sanctuary protections and cuts in federal funding for sanctuaries.
As the private, non-profit partner of the federally managed National Marine Sanctuary System, the National Marine Sanctuary Foundation is uniquely positioned to increase investments in the sanctuary’s education, volunteer and resource protection programs. Our goal for the 25th Anniversary Gala is to raise $50,000 to support the sanctuary.
We’re currently looking for sponsors who would be willing to help us reach this goal. We hope you’ll carefully assess the enclosed sponsor benefits packet for the sanctuary’s 25th Anniversary Gala, and then join other community leaders who have invested in this important endeavor. Funds raised benefit the National Marine Sanctuary Foundation’s work in supporting the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary.
As a 25th Anniversary Gala Sponsor, You Have the Opportunity to:
- Highlight the impact of your organization’s work to community leaders, decision makers and the public
- Attend VIP reception before the gala
- Include advertisement in the gala program and on a streetwide banner over Alvarado Street (downtown Monterey) September 5-11
- Verbal recognition during the program and on social media
- Interact with other community members like you who are committed to the sanctuary’s continued protection
- Contribute directly to the safeguarding of underwater natural and cultural resources found in Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary
There are a variety of sponsorships available. Learn which sponsorship level meets your needs.
Our sanctuary communities are made stronger when it is buoyed by supporters like you. We look forward to your support.
Make a pledge now by completing the Sponsorship Pledge Form.
For sponsorship questions, contact Michael Murphy or (415) 652-5479.